1. From which county did Marconi send out his first transatlantic wireless broadcasts?
2. Write out SOS in Morse Code.
3. What was Lord Haw Haw’s real name?
4. Who was the Director of Communications for the rebels during the 1916 Easter Rising?
5. What was the name of the ship that attempted to import weapons from
6. For which event was 2RN’s powerful Athlone based transmitter switched on?
7. From what location was the first voice transmissions made in
8. In which county was broadcaster Terry Wogan born?
9. What was the name of the pirate radio station raided and convicted in the first case under the 1926 Wireless Telegraphy Act?
10. In what year was RTE 2TV launched?
11. In which town was the pirate television Boyneside TV located?
12. What has been the highest rated programme ever on RTE TV?
13. What was RTE TV’s first programme transmitted in colour?
14. Who is the current Government minister in charge of Broadcasting in
15. What was the name of the radio station that briefly replaced Atlantic 252?
16. What do the letters VHF mean?
17. Who broadcasts in
18. Capital Radio was the first commercial radio station in
19. Which Irish commentator in 1963 covered the funeral of John F Kennedy?
20. In 1967 where would you have found Radio